Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 16

So we thought our dog had lost his mind last night. He was attacking the side of the garbage can. We looked inside and didnt see anything. Well this morning he went outside and started attacking the garbage can again. Hair on the back of his neck was up and everything. Looked around the porch to see if there was something under there, nothing. My boyfriend looked in the garbage can again and saw this possum. He said he was dead, i said no, he's playing possum! I had this happen before where i thought a possum fell in the garbage can and died. That last time I even after i poked him with a stick it didnt move but when I picked up the can and tossed him he took off running. Only then did the thought of the saying, "Playing Possum" popped into my head. So I told my boyfriend it wasn't dead, he banged on the can and finally agreed with me cause it started moving. I told him I was on my way home and wanted it for my pic of the day. Well, I got home a few minutes later and the sad thing is that he really did die! We took the can and threw it and he just kinda flopped on snow. Then i poked him with the shovel and nothing. Picked him up with the shovel and nothing, tossed him again and nothing. He's still outback as of this morning.... The other odd thing, he told a co-worker of his last night about it and she wants us to bag it up so she can EAT it! He told me she doesnt have much money and she hunts all her food. I don't know but I really felt like giving her a couple pounds of hamburg that we have in the freezer instead. But then i think i might be insulting her cause maybe she just really likes possum!? who knows....

5 comments:

  1. wow! I probably would have thought of a way to give her a gift card to HEB or something. My dad jokes all the time about eating possum but he wouldn't do it...I don't think? lol I can just see you outside tossing the possum...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEB is the way to go, you never know what it died of ... rabies or something. Ewww BTW, I heard on the Jonh Tesh show the other night that possums and oh geez I can't remember. lol blah blah blah stupid brain fart! ugh Oh heck the one with the eye masks, lol they are supposed to be the healthiest animals to eat. UGH Yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry it died but I did have a laugh trying to picture someone tossing the can and out it goes running. I am a true blue city girl born and raised in Brooklyn, now living in a city in Cali so my hat is off to you because if I saw that I would be running for the hills. LOL. On another note I would probably through it away if I were you the idea of someone eating it is a little scary with diseases and all that it could carry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad and amused at the same time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EWWWWWW!!! and that makes me sad .. then Ewwww and HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! WOW! What a post. Got me all messed up! Lots of emotions there. Hope she liked the hamburger :o) That was very nice of you! I could not have given her the opossum either! :/ ... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete